Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Book Brats Off The Topic - Television

Okay, I'll admit it. I'm a bit slow reading this week. I would normally do Teaser Tuesday today, but since I'm reading THE NIGHT CIRCUS along with everyone and their uncle, I'll just pass on that for today.

So today's topic, you ask? Fall television! Basically, I'm going to give you my opinion of the pilots I've seen and what I'll be watching this season. Note, I haven't actually seen that many. I'm not very qualified to be doing a post on the subject. I'm a book blogger after all, not a television blogger, but I wouldn't actually mind to be a TV blogger, too. Coming soon - Book, Television, Film, Magazine, Makeup, and Cat Toy Brats.

Without further ado, here are my brief opinions on what to watch and what not to watch this season.

PILOTS

2 BROKE GIRLS - On CBS at 8:30p on Mondays, I found this show to be cute and funny. And Kat Dennings is one of my favorite actresses, so of course I was going to give it a shot. Having lived in NYC (well, nearby - don't tell anyone that it was actually New Jersey), I know how tough it can be being broke and surrounded by temptation. My rating: B+


PAN AM - On ABC at 10p on Sundays, I watched this today with moderate expectations. It was good, but it just isn't there yet. And I might be biased because I've traveled to Asia and Europe regularly for the past three years (until recently when I went broke and ran out of US government education funding). I enjoy the characters, but it needs some work. My rating: C

TERRA NOVA - On Fox at 8p on Mondays, this was the show I was most anticipating this season. And I was disappointed. It's like some giant mishmash of Stargate, Lost, Primeval, Jurassic Park, Outcasts, Lost in Space, and Law and Order. And the dinos are sissies! If the son dies or is less of an emo idiot soon, it'll be better, but otherwise it's going to get eaten alive. My rating: C

What else do I plan on checking out? Up All Night and Prime Suspect.

RETURNING SHOWS

CASTLE: My favorite show on television currently, this show isn't the best thing in the world, but it's like crack to me. Delicious crack. It's fun, it's dramatic, it's romantic, it's twisty and turny and ooey gooey fun. I'm along for the ride until the end.

PARKS AND RECREATION: I started watching this over the summer and fell in love. Mostly because I do love Amy Poehler and Leslie Knope and I are like personality twins. And Ben Wyatt is so adorable.

I'll be catching up on Fringe soon. I'm also watching Project Runway and will be tuning in for Project Accessory, Mad Fashion, and Work of Art (I was exhibited at the NC Museum of Art for a year. And I never saw my own exhibition. I lived 5 miles away from the museum

So yeah, this is my write up of what I'll be watching this fall television season. What do you plan on watching? Any can't miss suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment