Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (10)

I guess I'm just not one of those readers who gets super excited over one book - most of the time. I love all books and finding a book I want to squee about once a week is difficult, yet I try anyway! This week I went through my Goodreads to read list and found a book coming out next February that sounds utterly original and different and awesome.

Cat Hellisen's debut WHEN THE SEA IS RISING RED comes out February 28, 2012 from FSG. Let me know what you're waiting on this Wednesday!

Oh, and I'm waiting on my diploma. If anyone sees the registrar at my grad school, please tell them that four and a half months is four months too long to send out a piece of paper.

In sixteen-year-old Felicita’s world, magic is strictly controlled—or so those in power like to believe. After her dearest friend, Ilven, kills herself to escape an arranged marriage, Felicita chooses freedom over privilege. She fakes her own death and leaves her sheltered life as one of Pelimburg’s magical elite behind. Living in the slums, scrubbing dishes for a living, she falls for charismatic Dash while also becoming fascinated with vampire Jannik. Then something shocking washes up on the beach: Ilven’s death has called out of the sea a dangerous, wild magic. Felicita must decide whether her loyalties lie with the family she abandoned . . . or with those who would twist this dark power to destroy Pelimburg’s caste system, and the whole city along with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment