It’s Monday! What Are You Reading is where we share what we read this past week, what we hope to read this week…. and anything in between! This is a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well… you never know where that next “must read” book will come from!
This week I am FINALLY reading BOND GIRL by Erin Duffy. As you might know (probably not), I interned in Lower Manhattan earlier this year, albeit with the federal government and not Wall Street. I was lucky to get this thanks to HarperCollins and William Morrow and I can't wait to get into it. I do enjoy a good business thriller meets chick lit book every once in awhile. Look for my review on this coming in the near future! And here is the plot:
THE TOP TEN THINGS YOU PROBABLY DON'T KNOW ABOUT WORKING ON "THE STREET":Also coming this week will be:
10. The number of U.S.-owned banks and/or brokerage houses actually located on Wall Street: zero.
9. Office windows that open are overrated.
8. Moran's Ale House & Grill, located in the heart of Manhattan's Financial District, caters primarily to Wall Street employees and people who want to marry them. It serves more beer between Memorial Day and Labor Day than any other bar in the city.
7. Free pizza cures all, especially before 10 A.M.
6. A $65 limo ride with road sodas is a perfectly acceptable way to travel 10 blocks...
5. ...or five blocks if it's raining.
4. Knowing math is important - but nowhere near as important as knowing wine, golf, and watches.
3. Gucci loafers go with every outfit, in all weather, all year round.
2. Socks are optional (and rarely necessary).
And the number on thing you probably don't know about working on the Street is...
1. A bet is a bet is a bet. If you lose at Credit Card Roulette, you will pay the bill. No one cares that you're only twenty-two and the bill is $1,000.
1.) My review of Joan Slonczewski's THE HIGHEST FRONTIER
2.) Something...else. We'll see when we get there.
Have a great week everyone!