Sunday, January 8, 2012

In My Mailbox (19)

In My Mailbox is a meme hosted by Kristi from The Story Siren, where you get to show off all your fun new purchases/gifts/received books of various sorts for the week! And no, still not doing a vlog, LOL. Maybe one day while I wear a ski mask and use a voice synthesizer, or hide in the shadows, or force my cat to present it to you.

This week was pretty good for books, especially thanks to the AMAZING Michelle at Michelle's Book Blog for her wonderful RAK package and the people at Macmillan and its various imprints! You guys seriously rock my world. Also, quick note, but expect my review of UNDER THE NEVER SKY tomorrow. Just a heads up so you can plan now to come back by and see. Anyway, check out what I got in my mailbox this week!

RECEIVED FOR REVIEW

 

MELODY BURNING by Whitley Strieber
Published December 6th, 2011 by Henry Holt and Company (BYR)
224 Pages // ARC
I received this randomly on Monday. I've actually been interested in it for awhile, but I've seen some iffy reviews. I guess I will be checking it out soon and seeing for myself!





12 THINGS TO DO BEFORE YOU CRASH AND BURN by James Proimos
Published November 8th, 2011 by Roaring Brook Press
128 Pages // ARC
Once again, a randomly received book, but it seems fun and short so I'll be reading this one soon! At least it sounds fun in a weird way, LOL.





IMMORTAL HOPE: THE CURSE OF THE TEMPLARS by Claire Ashgrove
Published January 3rd, 2012 by Tor Books
368 Pages // Mass Market Paperback
Another randomly received goody from my friends at Tor (LOVE YOU GUYS!). I think I saw the man's abs and went "Mama like!" So yeah, I do love me a cover model half naked when he looks like that.




RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS

All three of these books came from the amazing and wonderful Michelle. Thank you so much!
WITHER (The Chemical Garden #1) by Lauren DeStefano
Published May 22nd, 2011 by Simon and Schuster Children's Publishing
358 Pages // Hardcover
This book has been on my wishlist for awhile because of what all my friends tell me. "It's a must read, Megan!" Now that I have it, I'll have to see, I guess!





INFINITE DAYS (Vampire Queen #1) by Rebecca Maizel
Published August 3rd, 2010 by St. Martin's Griffin
325 Pages // ARC
I thought I needed a good vampire romance in my life, and when I saw this - and the fact that it's reviews aren't horrendous - I knew I had to get a copy for myself.





ROSEMARY AND RUE (October Daye #1) by Seanan McGuire
Published September 1st, 2009 by DAW Books
346 Pages // Mass Market Paperback
I love a good urban fantasy, and this one has come heavily recommended from my urban fantasy-loving friends. Also, I do love me a good faerie novel. This one should be fun!



And that's what I got this week! Link me to your IMMs and I'll try and stop by and gush with you about your fun new books!

No comments:

Post a Comment