Monday, August 8, 2011

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (2)


It's Monday! What are you reading? is a meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey. It's your chance to see what your friends are reading and what they're planning on reading this week.

I'm still reading Glow by Amy Kathleen Ryan. I think I was expecting something better, but if you didn't know by now, religious insensitivity is one of my pet peeves and this seems like it's jumping into that arena really quickly. It's sad because I love to see YA science fiction, but when you make the bad guys into cultish Christians intent on converting and killing, it's too much.

I know I still haven't done A Book Brat's View yet, I'm still working on it. If you want to contribute, let me know! I'm going to do a survey of Romance in Fiction - the good, the bad, and the ugly. So planned for this week is a review of Glow at least and hopefully Bad Taste in Boys. I'm also reading Inside Scientology, but it won't be reviewed on Book Brats (you can check out my review, though, on Goodreads and Amazon). If I am a good girl and do my reading, I also plan on reading and reviewing at least one adult book this week. I am also working to schedule another guest review from my dear UK Correspondent Rebecca.

REMEMBER! Enter in our 100 Followers Contest! Click on the button over on the right sidebar. Good luck!

2 comments:

  1. oh wild, Glow may not make my list. you have a wonderul serene blog decor. congratulations on your 100 followers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I might avoid Glow as well now that you mentioned that! Hope you have a good reading week though! Congrats on the 100 followers and many more to come!

    Here's my Monday Wrapup

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete