Thursday, December 1, 2011

Feature and Follow Friday (10)

Feature and Follow Friday is hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read!

Welcome to another Book Brats installment of Feature and Follow Friday! If you are new to Book Brats, then welcome, and if you are a returning guest, welcome back! Did you know I have my 200 Followers Contest going on right now? No?! Click on the flamingo on the sidebar to find out more and enter to win!

Q: What is your biggest pet peeve when it comes to books? Maybe you don’t like love triangles or thin plots? Tell us about it!
 Well, I think this is pretty obvious. Doormats. A female heroine or love interest or whatever who is clingy, obsessive, weak, etc. I mean, the entire point of Book Brats is to bring to my readers strong heroines who don't need a man to complete them.
So it's time for my rant, but if you follow me on Twitter, you've heard it. Presenting relationships where the love interest is borderline abusive to the girl - controlling her, stalking her, actually harming her - is not something I want to read, nor is it something I want to support as a reader. And as a writer, too, but that's for my other blog. If I read another book with a doormat, I might hurl. Ladies, it's time to stand up and realize that romance is good and all, but girls standing up for themselves, their rights, and being kickass is better.

Let me know what your pet peeves are! As long as it isn't the opposite of what I said, I'd love to know :D

No comments:

Post a Comment