Sunday, December 25, 2011

In My Mailbox (17)


Welcome to a Very Merry Christmas edition of the Book Brats In My Mailbox! This week I got some amazing stuff from some amazing publishers, amazing authors, and amazing parents. I'm quite partial to my Christmas gift book that I picked out and had them buy, LOL. This week was an amazing week for books.

Check behind the cut to see more about what I got, to leave comments and links to your IMM, and to squee with me at the random goodies the mail brought me this week!




RECEIVED FROM PUBLISHER:


CINDER (Lunar Chronicles #1) by Marissa Meyer
Publishes January 3rd, 2012 by Feiwel and Friends
387 Pages // ARC
This one was a total random surprise since I already have the Netgalley version. I can't wait to dig in and find out what all my friends are squeeing about, even though I must admit I am not a big fan of the Cinderella story unless it's EVER AFTER, which I strangely love. We'll see!



THE PROBABILITY OF MIRACLES by Wendy Wunder
Published December 8, 2011 by Razorbill
336 Pages // ARC
Another random mail surprise, I was totally not expecting this! I hadn't actually given this one much of a look until it arrived in my mail, but now that I have it, I can't wait to find a chance to read it.




WAYWARD SAINTS by Suzzy Roche
Publishes January 17th, 2012 by Voice
272 Pages // ARC (Shelf Awareness)
I will admit I have browsed through this for a chapter or two and I couldn't find myself getting into it, which is sad because I love a good book about former hellraisers turned domestic Stepford Wives. The writing style was very off to me, so it might just get passed to my mother. Disappointing :(




THE THIRTEEN by Susie Moloney
Publishes April 10th, 2012 by William Morrow
336 Pages // ARC (LibraryThing)
My second LibraryThing win, I plan on reading this soon. I read a few pages and I don't know what to think yet. Stay tuned for some more coherent thoughts but the plot sounds really good. AND THAT COVER. That's why I entered to win!



RECEIVED FROM AUTHOR:


SURVIVAL (The Guardians of Vesturon Series #1) by AM Hargrove
Published November 14th, 2011
Kindle Edition
I actually got this a few weeks back and forgot to share it with you! I have had the pleasure of chatting with the author, who is supremely awesome. She had me sold on this book with the fact it takes place near where I went to college. I will be reading this next, so stay tuned for a review!




RECEIVED FROM RANDOM BUZZERS:



THE SPECTACULAR NOW by Tim Tharp
Published October 20th, 2008 by Knopf Books for Young Readers
294 Pages // Hardcover
If you're not a member of Random Buzzers, you should be! I bought this as they were clearing out the store for the holidays with my buzz bucks and got it this week. It's a boy book, but all girls need boy books occasionally. It helps us see that the opposite sex really is as weird as we suspect.



MEGAN'S AWESOME SPECTACULAR CHRISTMAS GIFT:

 


ALEXANDER MCQUEEN: SAVAGE BEAUTY
Published May 31st, 2011 by Metropolitan Museum of Art
224 Pages // Hardcover
When I was living in New York City, I took my dad to see this show about a week after it opened. And yes, it was as amazing as you might have heard if you are into art. I coveted this but couldn't afford it when I saw it at the Museum gift shop, but my dad bought it for me on Amazon. It's GORGEOUS. And yes, I am an art nut and former member of the Museum of Modern Art. I went there too many times to count when I lived in New York.




Let me know what you got in the mail this week! Leave links and I will be sure to pop by your blog and check out what you got!

No comments:

Post a Comment