Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Teaser Tuesday (14)

Teaser Tuesday (hosted by Breaking the Spine) is a chance to explore small snippets from novels that bloggers are currently reading. Take two lines from your story, leave the title and author name, and make sure not to spoil anything!

I have not actually started Maria V. Snyder's TOUCH OF POWER, the first book in the Avry of Khazan series. It's sitting on my Kindle waiting for me to finish EVERY OTHER DAY, but I can still tease page one, can't I? And an entire paragraph! This is from the ARC.

TOUCH OF POWER releases December 27th, 2011 from Mira.

The little girl wouldn't stop crying. I didn't blame her. She was dying after all. Her lungs were so full of fluid she'd drown in another few hours. Tossing and turning on the thin mattress, I listened to her cries as they sawed through the floor boards and through my heart, cutting it in two.

Can't wait to actually start this once I finish up EVERY OTHER DAY.

What are YOU teasing this Tuesday?

No comments:

Post a Comment