Saturday, December 3, 2011

In My Mailbox (14)

Welcome to another installment of In My Mailbox, a meme hosted by The Story Siren where you can show off what you've gotten in your mailbox this week!

This week was a WONDERFUL mail week. I got some great books I can't wait to review and share with you, and trust me, there are some books in here you will want to get your hands on ASAP. And I am going to try and do things a bit differently this time and spotlight everything that I got, so bear with me. This might be a bit...weird.




RECEIVED FOR REVIEW:

 
KISS OF FROST (Mythos Academy #2) by Jennifer Estep
Received via Kensington Publishing
Paperback - November 29, 2011 - 354 Pages
The further adventures of Gwen Frost at Mythos Academy. If you haven't checked out TOUCH OF FROST, you are definitely missing out. It's fun, exciting, and a quick read that leaves you waiting for more. So of course I can't wait to crack this open and get started.



BLOOD OF EDEN (Sloan Skye #1) by Tami Dane
Received via Kensington Publishing
Paperback - December 6, 2011 - 352 Pages
The first book in a new paranormal series, Sloan Skye is an FBI intern assigned to a paranormal behavioral analysis unit. She's smart, she has a wild personal life, and she's driven - but the latest killer is apparently a vampire serial killer. Sounds like it'll be wild!



A SUMMER IN EUROPE by Marilyn Brant
Received via Kensington Publishing
Paperback - 352 Pages - Published December 1, 2011
A young woman gets a gift of a trip around Europe over the course of a summer. She travels with her aunt's eccentric friends and enjoys a transformation of self. As a self-proclaimed travel bug who visited Europe in January without an itinerary or a clue, this sounded right up my alley. I couldn't resist!

GRAVE MERCY (His Fair Assassin #1) by R.L. LaFevers
Received ARC via Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Hardcover - 560 Pages - To be published April 3rd, 2012
You might remember this from my Waiting on Wednesday on November 16th. I emailed the pub asking if I could review this, and I might have squeed when they said yes. Assassins, 15th century France, killer nuns, and the main character is a handmaiden to Death. This book promises to be AMAZING.


 BOOKS I WON:

 
THE FULL MOON BRIDE by Shobhan Bantwal
Received via Kensington Publishing and Goodreads
Paperback - 352 Pages - Published August 1, 2011
I thought this was never coming since I won it in August, but low and behold, it arrived this week. About a young woman who is drawn between an arranged marriage and a coworker that her parents would never approve of, THE FULL MOON BRIDE looks like it will be a very interesting read. The Goodreads reviews, though, are not very promising...


I also signed up for December's RAK and the Broke and Bookish Secret Santa program, and I will be sending out some great books this week. And a quick NaNo update, I finished with 65,500 words in 30 days! Hip hip hooray! Once draft one is completed it will be put aside so I can finish editing a manuscript completed a few months ago, so stay tuned for updates.

Stay tuned because more reviews are coming soon! In fact, I might be posting one in a few hours. Stop back by or keep watch on my Twitter page in case you want to know what I've been reading and whether or not you should check it out. Wow, now I'm just rambling on. Oh, look, a penguin!



No comments:

Post a Comment