Friday, November 25, 2011

Feature and Follow Friday (9...ish?)

Hello everyone for another week of Feature and Follow Friday! I actually have not kept up with how many of these I have done, so let's assume this is the 9th one for our purposes.

Firstly, I want to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving! I had a great friend of mine over along with a lot of relatives, so we will now be having leftovers for years. I took a 3.5 hour nap afterwards so I will be awake until next week. But enough about that and all the pie. Three types! And cookies. And pudding. BANANA pudding. I'm serious now. Oh, and sweet potato casserole and...

Q: It’s Thanksgiving Day in the U.S. so we want to know what you are Thankful for – blogging related of course! Who has helped you out along the way? What books are you thankful for reading?
 Damn you, question! I was trying to make everyone drool. Firstly, I am thankful for the lovely Jenny of Books to the Sky for putting up with my crap on a daily basis and Andi at Rywn for helping me procrastinate on weekdays until 6 PM. I am thankful for my awesome critique partners/beta readers who know who they are, LOL. Totally not blogging related really, except most of them are bloggers and aspiring authors like me! Namely the hours long ramblings that are sarcastic meets weird meets extremely weird. I am thankful for everyone who has welcomed me to the blogging community, because I know I am a strange creature. I am thankful for my READERS (yes, kind of like that TIME Person of the Year where it was the mirror and you were the person of the year and I'm rambling aren't I?). You guys have made this possible! Really, I love you. A lot.

Books wise? That's hard. Harry Potter. Animorphs (being 12, a girl, and kickass is totally possible). Confessions of a Shopaholic (that book has brought so many laughs to my life, and told me that yes, I do have a shopping problem). China Mieville's The Scar for teaching me that thinking outside the box is preferable to thinking inside of it. James Alan Gardner's Expendable for teaching me that anyone is capable of saving the day. And Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan's The Strain for scaring the pants off me when I needed a good scare.

Thanks again to everyone that has made Book Brats possible, even despite my recent slacking thanks to NaNoWriMo. I've hit 50,000 words, but this thing still has life left in it and I'd like to get as much done before my brain liquefies. I promise a review ASAP, though. I am almost done with several books so you guys will not be waiting for much longer. Until then, enjoy Black Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment