Friday, November 11, 2011

NaNoWriMo Week 2 Update!

Hello my lovelies! As you might remember from last Friday, I am indeed attempting NaNoWriMo for the millionth time. Well, it's actually the seventh, but it feels like many more. Last week during my check in I promised an excerpt from what I was working on. But first, the update itself.

Day 11 - 11/11/11

Word Count: 29023


Which means I'm ahead of schedule! I want to finish by the 20th so I can work on editing one of my other manuscripts and prepare for querying. Wish me luck on that! Anyway, a very short excerpt from IN THE GARDEN OF DEMONS.

~~

Groaning, he leaned back and peered up at the ceiling. “I read Romeo and Juliet, and I can safely assure you that we’re not going to end up like some starcrossed lovers who kill themselves because they wanted to teach their stupid parents a lesson.”
“You say that like you already know we’ll fall in love.”
A wry smile crossed his face. “I’m not saying that,” he told her. “I’m just saying we won’t end up like that. Those kind of romances are always cruddy anyway."
“I think they’re romantic.”
“Being too wrapped up in love to function is romantic?
She laughed, her giggles resonating across the room. “Having someone who cares about you enough to give up the world is romantic. Well, if you don’t think too hard about it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment