Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (17)

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking The Spine!

This week I am going a bit far into the future to pick out a book I can't wait to read. How far? September 2012. Well, if there is SOMETHING of a synopsis and a drop dead cover like this one, of course I am going to be a giddy goat and get excited!

For my WoW this week, I have picked Sarah Beth Durst's VESSEL. It looks very Middle East kinda, which sounds pretty weird, but having taken Middle Eastern history classes and had a roommate who went to Egypt and brought me back tons of postcards (somehow an 8 hour layover on a trip to Ethiopia means pyramids trip!), I'm totally psyched by the topic. VESSEL comes out September 12th, 2012 from Margaret McElderry Books.

In a desert land where serpents made of unbreakable glass fly through the sky and wolves made of only sand hunt within storms, Liyana is destined to be a vessel, to sacrifice herself so that her clan's goddess can inhabit her body... but her goddess never comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment